Friday 22 March 2013

Unemployment

Why is it so difficult to get work?


The top three excuses I have received in the last twelve months: - Obviously the CV is perfected for each position applied for and includes all previous achievements.

When applying for a position I have been successful with in the past
"As you have been out of work for four years, your up to date knowledge no longer exists"

When applying for a lower position I have been previously done
"It is perfectly obvious to me you will be looking for another position before the end of the week, and I will have to advertise again"

When applying for a bottom of the ladder type position
"Why should I give you work when there are a million 18-24 year olds out of work"

It seems pretty tricky trying to convince an employer to supply a job nowadays...

No comments:

Post a Comment